Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Knits, Part I

My DH was sure that I wouldn't finish his (size 12) socks in time for Christmas but finish I did. No surprise here, because I had to make sure they fit along the way, but he was thrilled anyway.


Yarn: Socks that Rock Heavyweight (That's right, Heavyweight - hey, he's got a big foot!)
Pattern: My own, loosely based on Blue Moon pattern
Comments: Had to decrease to smaller number of stitches for foot than I used for calf to get right fit. Would make longer heel flap next time because of shape of foot.

Also whipped up the requested red hunter's cap for FIL in Colorado.

Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted
Pattern: My own
Comments: Knit tightly to be extra warm. Can't tell from the rough photo but the color variation in the red was gorgeous.

And, in a completely unexpected move, MIL knit matching socks for little LoveBug and me. They were her first, and she says, her last. They are made from Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Raspberry colorway. I am thrilled.

Family Socks

Photos of cabled hat made from yummy Sanguine Gryphon worsted cashmere and Noro hat and scarf set to follow soon ...

No comments: